Dale M. Cox was born, raised, and educated in Salt Lake County. He is married to Jann and they have two sons, Dallas and Trace. As a 40 year labor leader, Dale Cox began his career working in the field as a union welder mechanic before joining the Operating Engineer’s staff as a Business Agent, Assistant District Rep, District Rep, and Legislative Coordinator for the State of Utah.
Dale has committed himself and has worked passionately for the rights of working men and women.
In 2012, Dale Cox began his presidency with the UTAH AFL-CIO with thousands of hours of experience with the Utah State Legislature, working with lawmakers from each side of the aisle, to ensure that the rights of Utah's working families are heard and protected.
Dale volunteers on the following boards:
- Board of Trustees for the Utah Colleges of Applied Technology UCAT
- Department of Workforce Services Employment Advisory Council
- Executive Board of the Road Home
- Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health Advisory Board
- Utah State Workforce Services Investment Board
- Odyssey House
- Salt Lake City Council appointee to the Citizens compensation & Review Committee
- OSHA Advisory Board
- Workforce Services Advisory Council Board
Past Board Memberships
- Salt Lake County Democrats
- Salt Lake County -- Community Resources & Development
- Vice President UTAH AFL-CIO
- Advisory Board Member for Salt Lake Community College
|Vote. For a Better Life.
I encourage all of our labor brothers and sisters, working families, and those dedicated to the American dream to consider this Labor Day the importance of this election cycle. On Labor Day, we recognize and honor the achievement of America's working people. This year, the annual celebartion comes during a critical election cycle.
Page Last Updated: Nov 06, 2017 (18:08:46)